Monday, October 26, 2009

Jingle Origami Christmas Wreath Ornament


When I saw Tina Sutton's "Jingle" origami wreath here, I knew I had to try one of these! What a pretty tree ornament or a gift ornament this can be.

 
You can find the origami tutorial here. It's easy AND fun!

I used 12 four-inch squares of Close To My Heart "Jingle" papers, and an additional four-inch square of cardstock for the measuring tool.


I cut two holly leaves and attached them with Liquid Glass. (You could also use a cluster of silk holly leaves or a leaf punch.) The sheer white ribbon I used is White Colonial from CTMH.


I painted the pearls using a Hollyhock marker to create the holly berries.


This was a big hit at my CTMH Open House yesterday afternoon! Thanks for the heads up, Tina! Keep up the great work.


Happy new week, everyone!



1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Jane,
What a pretty ornament! I love it!
I didn't know you could color the pearls with our markers!?!? I'll have to try that.
Have a great week!

Paper Art from StudioJane

Samples of my created paper art ...

Clear Acrylic Cards

Greeting Cards

Mix 'n' Mingle Album

Gift Albums

Memory Keeper Boxes

Art Keeper Boxes

Thank You Note Cards

Custom Gifts

Christmas Greeting Cards

Pregnancy Journals--Display Albums

For Baby

Floral Photo Note Cards